Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course.
Divemaster PADI Certification
- Must have already completed Advanced Open Water Diver certification
- Must have Rescue Diver certification
- Must have completed a CPR/First Aid course in the last year
- Additional requirements: must have completed 40 logged dives to enroll / 60 dives to certify
- Must complete a medical questionnaire
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Course length is five to ten days
- Each class is 5-6 hours in duration
- Divemaster Certification Course (Books not included)
About the PADI Divemaster Course
Ready for a career as a professional diver? The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training.
Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you can easily anticipate and solve common problems. You gain dive knowledge, management, and supervision abilities so you can become a role model to divers everywhere.
Typical Class Schedule
In most cases, our PADI Divemaster courses can be scheduled to fit your busy schedule.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster-conducted programs and specialized skills
- The business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Note: The Divemaster course is performance-based and can vary in length depending on the individual. Completing the PADI eLearning for this course prior to arriving helps ensure that you aren’t spending your time in Oahu having to do a bunch of homework. We highly recommend eLearning for the PADI Divemaster course.
PADI eLearning Courses
Take care of all the book work, quizzes, and testing in advance with eLearning, a web-based training offered through the PADI website for an additional fee. It allows you to get a head start on your PADI certification course by completing all the academic portions (reading, knowledge reviews, waivers, tests, and quizzes) before arriving at our facility.