Already completed your Open Water certification? Move to the next level and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives.
Open Water Diver PADI Certification
- Must complete a medical questionnaire
- Must be at least 10 years old
- Course length is three days, but it can be completed in as few as two days
- Each class is 4-5 hours in duration
- 3-day PADI Open Water Course (Book materials included)
About the PADI Open Water Diver Course
Reef Pirates is proud to offer professional PADI scuba certification courses. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study, or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
Be sure to check our scuba certifications FAQ page for answers to some of the most common questions regarding our Oahu scuba certification courses, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or would like to make a reservation for one of our courses. Mahalo!
Typical Class Schedule
Day one – 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (pool session and review)
Day two – 8 a.m. to 12 p.m OR 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (open water dives)
Day three – 8 a.m. to 12 p.m OR 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (open water dives)
Days can be spread out as needed (weekends, etc.).
PADI eLearning Courses
Take care of all the book work, quizzes, and testing before you arrive with eLearning, a web-based training offered through the PADI website for an additional fee. It allows anyone interested in taking a PADI certification course to get a head start by completing all the academic portions (reading, knowledge reviews, waivers, tests, and quizzes) of a particular course before arriving at our facility.